I’ve heard it said and I have thought it myself, that once homosexuality was legalized, then other unthinkables would begin to surface. And now that homosexuality has found its place in society, there is another group that is demanding their rights – pedophiles, oops, MAPs (minor attracted persons).
A Little History
It is a well known, but always minimized fact, that prior to 1973, homosexuality was considered a mental disorder in the American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). And it is also acknowledged that political activism, rather than scientific evidence, was the main proponent in declassifying homosexuality as a disorder (my liberal University textbook tells me these very facts). So homosexuality quickly evolved from a disorder to a normal sexual orientation just because homosexuals began applying pressure to those who possessed the power to change the official classification. Science is supposed to be rational and based on facts. Everyone accepts the facts put forth by science. What better way to change the perception of something than to change the “scientific facts” surrounding it. It was a clever strategy and it worked.
History Repeats Itself
Today, pedophilia stands knocking at the door of the APA, much like homosexuality 40 years ago, to persuade them to change their professional and scientific opinion. Once again, supposed professionals of science and medicine are being asked to review the facts and arrive at a new conclusion. Political correctness is the name of the new science that will review the facts and pedophilia may very well be the next “born this way” orientation despite the fact that there is still no evidence, besides hopeful speculation and propaganda, that a gay gene even exists. But pedophiles may not need a “gene argument” to explain their aberrant desires. They have already begun to change their image through language, through classification.
A New Name
Pedophiles don’t refer to themselves as pedophiles; rather they are now self-defined as “minor-attracted persons”. Since pedophile is such a negative term – parents only need to hear of a pedophile living in the area and they are up in arms – they could never really expect to succeed with such baggage could they? No, so they are changing their image from those who, by definition, are “sexually attracted to children” to just simply “being attracted” to children. Just like “gay” seems less objectionable than “homosexual”. Isn’t language a curious thing?
What’s On The Agenda
In August, the pedophile group B4U-ACT hosted a small conference attended by admitted pedophiles, gay activists and some mental health professionals as well as world renowned “sexologist” Dr. Fred Berlin of Johns Hopkins University who gave the keynote address. And here are the, as it were, highlights of the conference provided by Matt Barber of lifesitenews.com who personally attended the conference. All of which are very disturbing especially if you think of your young children in the same room as these people:
- Pedophiles are “unfairly stigmatized and demonized” by society.
- There was concern about “vice-laden diagnostic criteria” and “cultural baggage of wrongfulness.”
- “We are not required to interfere with or inhibit our child’s sexuality.”
- “Children are not inherently unable to consent” to sex with an adult.
- “In Western culture sex is taken too seriously.”
- “Anglo-American standard on age of consent is new [and ‘Puritanical’]. In Europe it was always set at 10 or 12. Ages of consent beyond that are relatively new and very strange, especially for boys. They’ve always been able to have sex at any age.”
- An adult’s desire to have sex with children is “normative.”
- Our society should “maximize individual liberty. … We have a highly moralistic society that is not consistent with liberty.” “Assuming children are unable to consent lends itself to criminalization and stigmatization.”
- “These things are not black and white; there are various shades of gray.”
- A consensus belief by both speakers and pedophiles in attendance was that, because it vilifies MAPs, pedophilia should be removed as a mental disorder from the American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), in the same manner homosexuality was removed in 1973.
- Dr. Fred Berlin acknowledged that it was political activism, similar to the incrementalist strategy witnessed at the conference, rather than a scientific calculus that successfully led to the declassification of homosexuality as a mental disorder: The reason “homosexuality was taken out of DSM is that people didn’t want the government in the bedroom,” he said.
- The DSM ignores that pedophiles “have feelings of love and romance for children” in the same way adults love one another.
- “The majority of pedophiles are gentle and rational.”
- The DSM should “focus on the needs” of the pedophile, and should have “a minimal focus on social control,” rather than obsessing about the “need to protect children.”
- Self-described “gay activist” and speaker Jacob Breslow said that children can properly be “the object of our attraction.” He further objectified children, suggesting that pedophiles needn’t gain consent from a child to have sex with “it” any more than we need consent from a shoe to wear it. He then used graphic, slang language to favorably describe the act of climaxing (ejaculating) “on or with” a child. No one in attendance objected to this explicit depiction of child sexual assault. There was even laughter. (In fairness, Dr. Berlin did later tell Mr. Breslow that his words might “anger” some people and that he [Berlin] is categorically opposed to adult-child sex with “pre-pubescent” children. When asked about the propriety of adult-child sex with pubescent children, Dr. Berlin did not provide a clear answer.) Source
God forbid that pedophilia become legal but homosexuality was in the same place 40 years ago. It could happen much quicker this time around. Just as graphic homosexual material is now infiltrating some schools and those kids are required to learn and understand and pass tests based on this type of material, it could very well happen that some day, the idea of kids having sex with adults will be taught in schools as a legitimate sexual choice – basically child porn right? What if “minor attracted persons” can teach kids one day – would you be terrified to send your children to school? I think so. What if pedophiles can adopt children one day or foster them? If you think abuse is too frequent now in child care systems, what happens if this behavior is legalized? There will be no stopping it.
You may think that what I have written above is ridiculous and impossible and exaggerated but it’s not. Aside from a little terrifying speculation about the future, the rest is all factual. This is the proverbial “slippery slope”. Many people who may not have exactly agreed with homosexuality or same-sex marriage but decided to accept it in order to be fair and allow equality and maybe felt good about their sense of “justice” may be forced to make a similar decision about MAPs one day and then other things. Are we going to extend to everyone their right to do what they want because they believe they are right? Is this really about being fair and tolerant? I don’t think so. I can only hope and pray that things will be different when we as a nation and as Christians have the opportunity to voice our opinion about this matter when it comes to the forefront. I hope we seize the moment when it comes.Advertisement